Who Are Bug-Topia Pest Control and Termite Solutions
Bug-Topia Pest Control is a rapidly growing family-owned and operated business that has been servicing the Gold Coast, Brisbane, and surrounding suburbs for the past 5 years. We service both domestic and commercial clients and have built a strong rapport and trust with all our clients. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards across the complete customer journey so that we can provide the highest quality services and products to our customers.
PEST CONTROL SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Trainee or Qualified Pest Control Technician
With our expanding client base and 5-star customer reviews, we are looking to add another dynamic, professional, and knowledgeable pest control technician to our team. Our company focuses on providing a 5-star service to our customers AT ALL TIMES, together with integrity, accountability and a positive working relationship. As such all shortlisted candidates will be considered after a 1-week trial to ensure you are the right fit for the company and our culture.
About the role
You will be working with domestic, commercial, and building clientele and will need to be reliable and be able to work unsupervised once you’ve been through the required probationary period. During your probationary period, you will be supervised and accompanied by our Technical Director to ensure you are familiar with our work methodologies.
As part of our team, you will have the exciting opportunity to continue learning about the pest control trade and new ways of managing pests and helping protect our client's assets. You will be able to work both autonomously and in a fun, energetic and supportive team, and contribute to a positive and inspirational team environment. As well as increasing your team building and leadership skills.
Amongst other things you will be responsible for:
- Inspecting client's premises thoroughly for any signs of pests & carrying out appropriate measures as required to eliminate the pests
- Communicating with clients regarding the pest eradication and prevention process
- Taking direction from the bookings team with daily jobs and customer service tasks
- Working with the sales team, customers, supervisors and directors to find on-site solutions that present themselves on a day to day basis
- Developing and maintaining long term customer relationships
Required Skills and Experience
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Studying towards/Hold a QLD Pest Control Technician licence (incl Timber Pests)
- Full and valid Manual Australian drivers licence
- Be legally entitled to work in Australia
- Align with our business culture & purpose
- Can work both autonomously and in a team environment
- Enthusiastic work ethic
- Professional presentation with high customer service skills
- Be driven by hard work and incentives
- Meet set deadlines
- Be willing to continue to learn and develop your skills
- Have good communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Police Clearance
In the future, you may be required to apply for and certify for one or more of the following and as such, it would be beneficial that at the time of your application there is nothing preventing you from the:
- Ability to obtain a Construction White Card
- Ability to obtain Working at Heights ticket
- Ability to obtain a Working with Children Blue Card
Benefits and Perks
The position provides numerous benefits which MAY INCLUDE some or all of the following for the right candidate:
- Commission scheme based on sales to boost your earnings
- Company car provided for work purposes
- Uniform (pants and branded shirts)
- Necessary equipment for your role
- Opportunity for growth and new learning through the business
- A great work-life balance that allows for downtime
- Ongoing sales and practical skills training
- A family-owned business dedicated to supporting local and community careers
How To Apply
If you think you'd make a good fit for our team, please submit both your Cover Letter & Resume for review to our Technical Director, Nico Ricchiuto at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants do not require previous experience in the field as full training will be provided. Partially qualified Pest Technicians will also be considered.
We equally encourage both male and female technicians in our company. All applications will be accepted in the strictest confidence.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and the first interview will be via telephone.